Re: intltool-merge changes

on 10/29/01 12:04 PM, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen at kenneth gnu org wrote:

>> One thing that changed is that entity encodings (actually just the common
>> ones -- this could be made more complete) from XML files are decoded now, so
>> the .po files need to refer to things without using entity encoding now.
>
> I don't really understand what you mean here...can you give an example

Before, if you had this in your XML file:

    <name _label="&quot;this&quot;"/>

Then you would have this in your po:

    msgid "&quot;this&quot;"
    msgstr "\"that\""

But now you must have:

    msgid "\"this\""
    msgstr "\"that\""

And if you still have the old format, it won't work any more. I just
realized I might have to fix intltool-extract for this too.

> scm files can be gotten from gnome-games uunder aisleriot.

Does merge support scm files? I didn't see a case for that.

> I will report any problems I get into. Can't we take the keys file from
> gnome-vfs and minimize it a little? and then use it.

Sounds fine to me.

    -- Darin