Re: [xml-bindings]Simple JNI wrapper for libxml & libxslt wanted

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 09:34:22AM +0200, David Neary wrote:

> Hi,
>
> De : rm fabula de [mailto:rm fabula de]
> > Well, it might be a good idea to get this clear first.
> >
> > Just use xsltproc to do some timing. Something like this:
>
> I have done that - this is one of the reasons we're prepared to put the tim
> einto finding a JNI wrapper. A transform that is taking 20 to 25 seconds in
> a servlet using XT is taking about half a second using xsltproc.
>
> > But then you evaluate the quality of swig and JNI ;-)
> > Swig and JNI add quite a bit of performance overhead (object creation,
> > input/output parameter conversion etc.).
>
> Sure. That's why I would like to test them :)

  For bindings I do not suggest to use swig. If your want a small binding
then hand-write it. If you want a complete binding generate them from the
libxml2-api.xml and libxslt-api.xml that you can find in the doc subdirs
of the distributions.

Daniel