Re: [xml-bindings]Python bindings suggestions

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 01:56:34AM +0000, Gary Benson wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> Hmmm, I'd probably have to say no here. Probably the best thing to do
> would be to raise exceptions for errors (no ram, document not well formed,
> etc) and return an empty version of what you were expecting otherwise.
> For instance, xmlNode.prop() should return an empty string if the property
> is not present. Maybe.

  Hum, actually this example ain't good. First string would not be in that
set, and second an empty string is a perfectly correct attribute value,
and returning None in case the attribute is not present is really the
right mapping.

> I expect you could debate this till the cows come home ;)

  Yup,

> >    "/photodb/film[ num=%s]" % film
> >    would give
> >    "/photodb/film[ num=022]"
> >    and that may not work well, possibly
> >    "/photodb/film[ num='%s']" % film
> >    would give better results
>
> Ahhh. I've only used XPath in the context of XSL, and I think quotes get
> hidden from you there. That explains it, thanks :)

  XPath is really not different from XSLT there, really the lack of
quoting would generate exactly the same effects. Well it should ...

Daniel