Re: [xml-bindings]Comments on Python bindings

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 10:43:45AM -0800, Dave Kuhlman wrote:
> I down-loaded the libxml2-2.4.13 with Python bindings.  Looks very
> good to me.

  Hum, fetch 2.4.14 from ftp://xmlsoft.org/ the release is out I just
didn't had time to announce it. The XSLT stuff is there too. The best
is to look at the examples.

> Here are a few comments.
>
> Building --  I ran ./configure with "--with-python".  Was that
> necessary?  When I ran make, nothing seemed to happen in the python

  No. I didn't tried with just --with-python,
The python binding Makefiles are probably *very* bad, especially from
a portability point of view, feedback welcome

> sub-directory.  I noticed in the generated make file
> python/Makefile that there were a couple of rules that were
> commented out.  I uncommented these rules and modified one rule so
> that it would build the .so file.  Perhaps this was something left
> in there from Daniel's testing?  A short README file in the python
> sub-directory would help.

  Yep that's needed

> Testing -- My (somewhat simple) test worked well.  I was able to
> walk a tree and to display the nodes and their names and their
> content and their attributes.  I'll do more testing later.

  Okay,

> Good work Daniel.

  Thanks, I need to make taht announcement.

Daniel