[xml-bindings]Python and xsldbg

Hi all,

Just wondering, is it expected/hoped that the
python binding be able to be
used to extend libxslt creating new XPath
functions that will become
"built-in" to libxslt. Or is it going to be more
general that that? With
xsldbg I've taken the view that only a few, very
able people, will be
extending  libxslt so there is no/little demand
for debugging XPath and
"built-in" functions.

If it is expected that adding fuctions via python
is going to be commonly
used then I'd like some discussion about how/if
it is possible to debug the
"libxslt user" python code. I see in the python
library that there is a
module called "pdb" which can be used to debug
python scripts.

I also see that there is a python wrapper to
xsltproc. I guess it is possible that python
bindings can be made for xsldbg (which is now
mainly a library in xsldbg 1.0.3 and above). At
first glance it seems possible to be able to run
xsldbg under python control. Though I not sure
about the details.

Comments?

--
Keith Isdale