Re: Do-not-disturb protocol

On Friday 20 January 2006 19:33, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> On 2006-01-20, Lubos Lunak <l lunak suse cz> wrote:
> >  That's too late, this is only about startup, so the info is not useful
> > after that anyway, and for cases like the visual startup feedback you
> > can't keep it on so long. KDE works roughly like this:
>
> What about programs that crash (before notifying that the startup sequence
> is no longer needed)? Crashing is rather common these days. :(
> I'm mostly thinking of memory leakage here.

 Launcher should try to detect failures and there's still the timeout if
nothing else.

> >  LAUNCHED_BY
> >
> >  identification of the top-level window in which the launch was
> > initiated. The value is the X window ID of the window.
> >
> >  Better? You could've already written it this way.
>
> Yes.

 Ok. I'll put it in unless somebody else has some comment on it.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/