Re: Do-not-disturb protocol

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:27:47 +0100 Nicolas George <nicolas george ens fr>
babbled:

> Hi.
>
> I wonder if anyone has considered a "do not disturb" protocol (according to
> the archives, the answer seems to be no): a protocol that would allow a
> video player to tell the instant-messaging clients to be quiet while the
> user is watching a movie.
>
> Such a protocol would probably be rather simple to design and implement (a
> simple property on the root window could almost do the trick), and it seems
> to me a straightforward and useful extension to a modern multimedia desktop
> environment.
>
> What do you think about it?

probably better as a property on the application's window that doesnt want to
be disturbed. so if the focused window has this property - other apps should be
aware of it (get focused window - check for prop, if not there, they can
disturb).

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster rasterman com
裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)