Re: Still need a hint for undecorated windows

Adam Jackson wrote:

Here's an example of a window type that wants to be undecorated that no one else has considered yet, and which was my motivation for bringing this up in the first place. OpenGL Multipipe is a toolkit for scaling GL applications to large displays. Since you may not have a 16-screen display handy while you're developing, it includes a simulation mode, where multiple non-fullscreen undecorated windows on one screen are tiled together to approximate the system you're going to deploy on.

These windows want to behave exactly like top-layer, full-screen windows. And the desired semantics are almost exactly what you'd get with TYPE_NORMAL minus the decorations: place the window exactly where it asks, normal focus and stacking policy, only visible on the current virtual desktop, hide it when you hit Show Desktop, etc. And I think (IANA toolkit guy, or even an app guy) that's pretty close to what xmms wants too.
Wouldn't that be better implemented as a single subdivided window?