is metacity _really_ ICCCM-compliant ?

When querying properties of metacity's windows, I noticed they are not
really compliant with the specs described in
http://freedesktop.org/Standards/wm-spec/1.3

For example, when querying the _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE of a popup menu, I should
get _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_MENU and have the WM_TRANSIENT_FOR atom set to my
application window.
Instead, the type is _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_NORMAL, and WM_F|TRANSIENT_FOR is
not set.

I am using
Red Hat Advanced Server 3.0

Is the lack of ICCCM-compliancy a known issue for metacity ?
Because the following page
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/metacity/COMPLIANCE?view=markup
pretends that metacity is compliant, at least concerning the
_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE property

Thanks,

Michael