decoding the wm-spec page...

Hi all,

I'm new here.
I am reading the following page:
http://freedesktop.org/Standards/wm-spec/1.3/

... and I am trying to understand how to connect this doc with
XGetWindowProperty 's man page.

I am interested specially in the _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE and _NET_WM_STATE
sections.

For example:

How should I use XGetWindowProperty, together with _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE and
_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_MENU, in order to know whether a window is a WM menu
window ?

How should I use XGetWindowProperty, together with _NET_WM_STATE and
_NET_WM_STATE_HIDDEN, in order to get the window id of the maybe-iconic
state of a hidden window ?

Thanks for any help,

Michael