Re: DESKTOP_STARTUP_TIMESTAMP proposal (application-startup-notification-forwarding)

On Friday 08 of October 2004 16:45, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:35:39 +0200, Lubos Lunak <l lunak suse cz> wrote:
> >  No, they won't. The timestamp should be used only as long as the startup
> > notification is still active. As soon as the applications says it's done
> > finishing, the ID becomes invalid. In fact I think your extra environment
> > variable is more vulnerable to this kind of problem, because there's no
> > such timeout or similar if an application doesn't unset it and it gets
> > propagated.
> >
> >  So, in case you don't see any other problem with this, I'll commit this
> > change, ok ?
>
> Go for it.  :-)
>
> > > Perhaps it should be explicitly mentioned in the spec that timeouts
> > > are allowed (and needed) for the clueless people like me that wouldn't
> > > find that obvious?
> >
> >  Better now (attachment) ?
>
> Yes, thanks.  Since Havoc's fine with it, go ahead and commit.  :-)
>
> >  No problem. Specs are supposed to be complicated and not understandable,
> > otherwise people wouldn't find them worth using ;)).
>
> Haha, I think that needs to be a bugzilla quip or something...

 Ok. Both changes are in the CVS.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/