Re: proposal for a smarter behavior for raising windows on mouse click

On Tuesday 27 of January 2004 21:01, John Harper wrote:
> sawfish implements something similar, it has a _SAWFISH_WM_RAISE_WINDOW
> wm protocol. When windows advertise they support it, user-initiated
> window raises are redirected to the client window, similar to how
> WM_TAKE_FOCUS works
>
> The motivation for adding this was to do drag and drop correctly in
> nautilus (the version based on gtk 1.x). However, getting things to
> work correctly was fraught with race conditions, so something more
> under wm-control may be better..

 Could you please list the problems? I think I can already see some of them,
but you have had the personal experience ;), so you know them all. That'd
certainly help to find out how to do it better.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/