Re: Xinerama and workspaces

You can get something vaguely close to that by using keybindings to move
windows to other workspaces in metacity. By default, if you do
ctrl-alt-meta-arrow your window and you will end up on an adjacent
workspace.

I personally rebind this to ctrl-alt-arrow.  If you have full screen
windows it very nearly gives you want you want, and may be sufficient
for your needs.