Re: OFFLIST: Re: extended WM_TRANSIENT_FOR (was Re: _NET: Disabling shading)

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 16:49, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> Bill Haneman wrote:
> > <soapbox>
> > For the record, true system modal dialogs are a complete stopper for
> > certain types of accessibility support.  Please don't endorse them or
> > use them!
> > </soapbox>
>
> It would be a window manager-enforced mode, so the same mode-overriding
> rules for accessibility support on locked screens would apply. Doesn't
> GNOME still use an (inaccessible) override-redirect window for logout
> confirmation? Unless that can be completely redesigned, support in the
> window manager for system modal dialogs is still needed to allow AT to
> work when logging out.

Yes, I agree.  As long as the WM enforces the rules, _and_ the
exceptions for certain types of applications, we face problems here.

The GNOME override-redirect logout window is considered a serious
accessibility blocker/BUG by the way.

- Bill