Re: WM enhancements to support accessible screen lock

Hi,

It almost seems like an X extension of some kind would be simpler here.
;-)

I would agree with Lubos that we should try implementing something.
Ideally, we'd follow the IETF policy of two separate interoperable
implementations before putting something in the spec; though in practice
we've usually had only one at first.

Not to say discussing first isn't a good idea, it definitely is.

Rather than ABOVEALL, have we ruled out an INPUT_METHOD or
ASSISTIVE_INPUT_TECH semantic hint? What are other possible users of
ABOVEALL?