Re: _NET: Disabling shading

On Wednesday 01 of October 2003 13:57, Dominik Vogt wrote:
[snip]

> > > I would really like to not extend WM_TRANSIENT_FOR anymore and to
> > > introduce some special property related to this. WM_TRANSIENT_FOR has
> > > been designed to serve other purposes.
> >
> >  As far as I know, WM_TRANSIENT_FOR is usually understood as "this is my
> > main/superior window". In which case wouldn't this be good enough for
> > modal dialogs?
>
> I don't think any change is necessary.  Using a "locally active"
> focus policy would allow the application to control focus within
> its own windows

 If this is true, why do we have STATE_MODAL then? IMHO it's good to have WM
support for modality (if nothing else, it at least doesn't flicker then).

> and no application must be allowed to take
> control over the whole desktop.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/