Re: Lots of _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN issues ...

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 03:26:48PM -0400, Ben Jansens wrote:
> Have you found a way to get the VidMode changes? The API appears to provide
> no mechanism for listening for these.

Yes, I just discovered this last week. I had to read X server source
code to satisfy myself that at no point does it send an event when you
change the vidmode. ;-) At least I couldn't find it.

We could enhance the extension to send events here (it's screwy even
without involving the WM - e.g. I can confuse the heck out of apps
that rely on the vidmode by playing with Ctrl+Alt+-/+)

Alternatively or in addition, we could specify a client message when
an app updates the vidmode, or some hack like that.