Re: desktop manager selection

>  Hello,
>
>  as already discussed with Alexander Larsson, and with Havoc before, the
> manager selection that will prevent Nautilus from killing KDesktop. I
> didn't
> find a better place in spec where to put it than this :(. Ok to commit?

It would be good to refer to the implementation note from the part of the
spec that explains the
window type _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DESKTOP.

I think we should make the manager selection a bit more useful by specifying
a target which
third-party apps can use to obtain the window id of the desktop window, and
adjust the previous paragraph to refer to that target instead of an
unspecified root window property.

Matthias