Re: default values for client messages

On Thursday 15 of May 2003 20:10, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:12:32PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  any objections against committing the attached changes? The patch only
> > add a couple of 'other data.l[] elements = 0' to descriptions of various
> > messages used in the spec, in order to allow possible future extensions
> > (see my other mail). KDE apps do this already anyway, but when I grepped
> > Gtk I noticed it has unused fields uninitialized.

 I committed the patch. I also checked Qt/KDE that they initialize all unused
fields to 0. Can you tell somebody responsible for Gtk to do this?

> These look like a good idea. We should maybe go ahead and add
> timestamp fields to some while we're at it - e.g. _NET_CLOSE_WINDOW

 Yes, I'd need something like this at least for _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW for focus
stealing prevention. To which messages should this be added? I don't see how
it could be useful for _NET_CLOSE_WINDOW.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/