Re: Win gravity: Diff between ICCCM spec and EWMH

On Friday 13 of June 2003 18:12, Davor Buvinic wrote:
> On Friday 13 June 2003 11:21, you wrote:
> > Davor Buvinic wrote:
> > > I have a question regards window gravity manipulation:
> > >
> > > The ICCCM spec (section 4.1.2.3) states the coordinates used to
> > > calculate the win gravity reference point. The explanation is (I think)
> > > clear.
> > >
> > > But in the implementation notes of the EWMH document (draft January
> > > 2003), the author of the second table apparently is assuming that the
> > > coordinate system is with respect to the inner border of the client
> > > window, i.e. for a configure request that the window manager gets,  its
> > > need to asume the inner border is at (x, y). With this, the coordinates
> > > of the outer border is (x-bw, y-bw).
> >
> > The ICCCM says :
> >
> >   The [x,y] location of the window's upper left-outer corner.
> >
> > therefore you are right and I am wrong.
> >
> > The table should look like so :
> >
> > win_gravity:		ref_x:		ref_y:
> > StaticGravity		x+bw		y+bw
> > NorthWestGravity	x		y
> > NorthGravity		x+bw+(width/2)	y
> > NorthEastGravity	x+bw+width+bw	y
> > EastGravity		x+bw+width+bw	y+bw+(height/2)
> > SouthEastGravity	x+bw+width+bw	y+bw+height+bw
> > SouthGravity		x+bw+(width/2)	y+bw+height+bw
> > SouthWestGravity	x		y+bw+height+bw
> > WestGravity		x		y+bw+(height/2)
> > CenterGravity		x+bw+(width/2)	y+bw+(height/2)
>
> OK. Thanks for your response. Now ICCCM and EWMH agree.

 Has this already been committed? And if not, could whoever said it's ok now
please commit :) ?

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/