Re: Window History Placement

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 02:50:16AM +0100, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > +      <title>Placement policies</title>
> > +      <para>
> > +	Placement policies must not be applied if the Client specified
> > +        USPosition in the WM_NORMAL_HINTS property or if the geometry
> is
>
> What about PPosition?

I'm not sure thats why I left it out.

Havoc said that not honoring PPosition breaks some apps (Java again!).
Personally, I can't make much sense of PPosition to begin with - if the position
is not user-specified, it has to be program-specified, no ? I think it has
just been overlooked when the geometry fields of WM_NORMAL_HINTS were
deprecated in favour of the actual window geometry and should have been deprecated as
well.

Matthias