Re: RFC: frame size hints

On Wednesday 10 of December 2003 01:10, Rob Adams wrote:
> Definitely should be "calculate".  Window managers implementing
> approximations should document this is their respective COMPLIANCE
> documents.

 I object. I hope the previous messages in the thread have shown that it can
be a major pain to always get it right, if it's actually possible at all.
KWin simply cannot calculate it, it can only estimate. Even Havoc said in one
message that the Metacity patch (which is the reference implementation for
this) is not guaranteed to get it right. And I said already, I'd actually
prefer if the wording stressed more the fact that it can be just a guess.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/