Re: scroll wheel focus

Hi,

actually in Windows it does not work that way; you always have to click into the scrollbar or the area it scrolls. But in my opinion the Xwindow way is better since it avoids the additional click. Then again i prefer a focus follows mouse policy anyway. If a window manager chose to imitate the windows behaviour i'd expect it to drop that if the focus policy is following the mouse.

Just my 2 cents,
Philipp

Havoc Pennington wrote:
Hi,

I just got a scroll wheel mouse for the first time, and I noticed that
it has strict mouse focus; i.e. you must have the pointer inside the
widget to be scrolled. Does it work this way on Windows? It seems sort
of strange to me. As a user I expected the wheel to operate on the
active widget in the active window.

Of course if you know how the scroll wheel is implemented on X it
obviously works this way, since button presses go to the window under
the pointer.

Assuming this needs fixing, how would we do it?
--
Quantum physics: the dreams that stuff is made of.