Re: synchronizing window frame/client repaint

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:20:30PM +0100, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Would an extension to abort queued requests (mentioned in WhyX.pdf, 8.2)
> help ?

I think it would help a bit.  But the main problem is that
applications redraw too much.  Partially because many are not
written to reduce redrawing, partially because X provides little
help to suppress unnecessary Expose events.  bit_gravity was a
nice idea, but the implementation is too simple exacept for flat
window hierarchies (only parent and one level of children).

> The client could the abort all queued requests before restarting the drawing
> when a new configure notify arrives.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^