Re: Standardizing ConfigureRequest vs. size_inc hints

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 03:59:52PM +0200, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Btw.
>
> another interesting use case for these width-for-height geometry managment
> issues are
> panel-like apps which are basically non-resizable, but allow for
> horizontal/vertical orientation.
>
> With the current size hints, there is no way to specify this. With
> _NET_WM_NORMAL_HINTS,
> you could do it simply by specifying two WM_NORMAL_HINTS structs, the
> first
> having
>
> min_width=w
> min_height=h
> max_width=w
> max_height=h
>
> the second having
>
> min_width=h
> min_height=w
> max_width=h
> max_height=w

Excellent idea.  I'm beginning to like this.  Now if there were
also a way to indicate that the requested geometry should include
window decorations ...

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: dominik vogt schlund de, phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe