Re: Standardizing ConfigureRequest vs. size_inc hints

Matthias Clasen <maclas gmx de> writes:
> Window Managers should not react to WM_NORMAL_HINTS changes by changing
> the size of the window, since that leads to race conditions.

FWIW metacity does resize the window to the closest valid size,
because the way it's implemented is that the size hints impose a
constraint and the invariant is imposed that the constraint is never
violated, but I don't think that breaks anything (since if the client
immediately sends a configure request things will end up right in the
end).

I don't understand doubling window size if size_inc goes 5->10, I
would never have expected that behavior.