Re: fun with window managers.. (help!)
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: "Matthias Clasen" <matthiasc poet de>
- Cc: "Bill Haneman" <bill haneman sun com>, <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, <wm-spec-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: fun with window managers.. (help!)
- Date: 12 Nov 2001 14:29:45 -0500
"Matthias Clasen" <matthiasc poet de> writes:
> Using the test program I just posted, I can verify that fvwm 2.4 and kde2
> respect clients
> unwillingness to receive focus and treat all 4 ICCCM focus modes correctly.
> Metacity doesn't :-(
Yeah, I know. It used to work at one point, but I broke it so I could
a) get key events in xev and b) focus output-only windows in order to
key-navigate them (i.e. you have to be able to focus the window to pop
up its window menu with Alt+space). So I probably need some concept of
"focused according to Metacity but not really focused" or something.
It's sort of a low priority, since so far the only output-only client
I've encountered has been xev.
] [Thread Prev