Re: Support for WM spec

> > As per ICCCM :
> > (4.1.9)
> > In the Iconic state, the window manager usually will ensure that:
> > If the window's WM_HINTS.icon_window is set, the window it names is
visible.
> > If the window's WM_HINTS.icon_window is not set but the window's
WM_HINTS.icon_pixmap is
> set, the pixmap it names is visible.
> > Otherwise, the window's WM_ICON_NAME string is visible.
> >

> > Thusly, if window is specifyed - it will always be used in preference
of
> > pixmap.
>
> No, that's wrong.  Why do you conclude that "the window manager
> usually will ensure that..." is equivalent to "if an icon window
> hint is present it will always preferred to an icon pixmap hint"?
> There may be window manager that can not handle icon window hints
> at all or that allow the user to specify which hint to prefer.

If window manager in question is the one that supports both
 - if it is not capable of handling icon_windows then this question is
unappropriate altogether.

Of course window manager may let user change any part of its behaviour,
that's
not the question. The idea behind ICCCM and hints at all is to define the
"most likely behaviour". So what I'm saying is that the "most likely
behaviour"
on part of window manager would be to prefer icon_window over any pixmap.

> Bye
> Dominik ^_^  ^_^

> Dominik Vogt, dominik vogt gmx de

Cheers