adoption of wm-spec

I was wondering who (if anyone) has started using the wm-spec. I know that KDE-2 was using at least a draft of the spec, and that John Harper was working on implementing it in Sawfish. It would be interesting to know how these are going, and whether other people are using it.

Personally I'm especially interested in whether the core gnome libs will move to the spec, and if so in which version of gnome. It seems essential for the spec for the big projects to use the spec, otherwise there's no chance of interoperability.

Julian