Re: Initial window placement

Sasha_Vasko osca state mo us writes:

> > What I wanted to say is that I've extended Owens test to include static
> > gravity and resizing.
> > You can find it here:
> >
> > http://bugzilla.gnome.org/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=913
>
> very nice.
>
> Slightly improved version :
>
> http://afterstep.sourceforge.net/wm-specs/wmtest.c
>
> It cycles through 3 different sizes  instead of just resizing it ones.
>

> It would also be nice to display some text in each window, telling where
> frame should be, or maybe draw some mask on root window with GC that has
> subwindow_mode = IncludeInferiors.
>
> Idea is to give user some visible hint as to where frame
> should appear.

My idea here was to put two 1-pixel override redirect windows as "cross-hairs"
across the desktop to show the center lines, and then draw matching lines
in the windows.

This is in fact important ... Sawfish appeared to work perfectly according to this
test, but turned out to be placing the windows with center-gravity in
either direction off by a small amount.

Regards,
                                            Owen