Re: questions/suggestions about changes in 1.0pre2

On 23 Sep 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> "Bradley T. Hughes" <bhughes trolltech com> writes:
> > Also, on a side note, is gnome using the new spec yet?  kde has been for a
> > few months now.
> >

> As far as apps using it, we aren't breaking library bin/source
> compatibility for quite a while still. The hints will probably go into
> GTK+ devel version in the next few weeks, and then eventually GNOME
> will be ported over to that.  Sawfish and the task list, etc. may
> support the hints sooner.

"probably" ?  I sure hope they decide to use it soon.  It would be nice to
make sure that this spec isn't a flop by getting several implementations
together and working.

--
Bradley T. Hughes <bhughes trolltech com>
Waldemar Thranes gt. 98B N-0175 Oslo, Norway