Re: questions/suggestions about changes in 1.0pre2

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Julian Adams wrote:

[snip]

> >_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE:  I think the _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_TOOLBAR
type should
> >be simply _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_TOOL.  Floating toolbars should still use
> >this type, but it causes less confusion for windows that aren't toolbars,
> >but which should be drawn with less decorations (a small color grid for a
> >painting program probably shouldn't have full decorations/menus
> >etc... just a small titlebar and a close button probably)
> >

> You have a point, but in this case  I feel the differences is too small to
> bother changing it ! You're Ok with the rest of it ?

The rest is fine.  It really makes me no difference if we call it
"tool" or "toolbar".  I'm just commenting on things that I personally have
seen while writing the implementation (and questions i've seen from people
wanting to use the implementation).

>  >_NET_WM_STATE: I think this should be a bitfield.  We are
[snip]

Ignore my arguments on this one.  There have to be 2 sides to every
argument, and instead of being unproductive by arguing, I'm actually going
to change my code.

--
Bradley T. Hughes <bhughes trolltech com>
Waldemar Thranes gt. 98B N-0175 Oslo, Norway