Re: Application launch detection

On 14 Nov, Havoc Pennington scribbled:
->
-> Peter Astrand <astrand lysator liu se> writes:
->> I haven't understood how a toolkit-based implementation would work. (Sorry
->> if you have already has explained it, I may have missed some mails). Is
->> the idea to add some code to gtk_init() or similiar? This would suffer
->> from the same problem as Owen mentioned above: Apps can do gtk_init() and
->> then wait forever before actually showing the windows.
->>
->
-> Toolkits would set the property or send a message when a window is
-> shown. Toolkits have higher-level information about the appropriate
-> place to do this and what windows to do it for than Xlib does.

i'm not sure a toolkit is in any better or worse position than xlib for
pid and launch id properties - xlib can do the job just as well and just
as effectively ANd do it universally - this a toolkit cannot do.

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster rasterman com     raster valinux com