Re: Application launch detection

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> raster rasterman com writes:
> > i alreayd have a PID and LAUNCH_Id property workign via an LD_PRELOAD
> > hack the launcher uses for apps - works like a charm (XCreateWindow,
> > XCreateSimpleWindow and XReparentWindow are wraped and hacked to
> > forcibly set these and other properties)

If I were to have SDL support this, would I do the following:

1. In SDL_Init(), set the PID property
2. In SDL_SetVideoMode(), which maps a window, set the LAUNCH_ID
property

SDL is Simple DirectMedia Layer: http://www.libsdl.org/

SDL uses two windows to easily manage windowed/fullscreen transitions,
but only one window is used for keyboard and mouse input.  Should I set
the properties on both windows?  Does anybody have some sample code with
the proper sequence of calls?

See ya!
--
	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Software, Inc.