Re: Collating proposed changes to 1.9e

Julian Adams <julian.adams@gmx.net> writes:
> I've been collating all the recent proposed changes to the spec (post 1.9e)
> which I have been able to find from the archive. I hope to cover all the
> proposals in this email. If I've missed anything then *sorry* it isn't
> intentional - pls post it.

You are my hero - I just don't have the expertise to do this, and
someone has to do it before we can finalize the spec.

Do you want me to give you CVS access to the spec itself, so you can
add these things to the spec as they become finalized? Just send me a
login name and a crypt()ed password.

> I have no idea who or what would 'ratify' the spec, but agreement on
> this list would be a start.

We can "ratify" it by sticking it on www.freedesktop.org and declaring
it done, and http://www.freestandards.org/ will eventually have a bit
more formal process perhaps.

For now I think the thing to do is get the changes into the document
itself, and ask if anyone on this list has objections, and if not
that's our final draft proposal or something.