Re: call for other views [was Removing wm/pager interaction]

As as I can see either approach would sufficiently clarify the spec to
make it unambiguous. I am also not a WM hacker ! I can't really comment
about whether approach 1 would fully cover the addition /removal of a
middle desktop from the user perspective in terms of virtual roots.
Comments ?

The flexibility of approach 1 is attractive, but if everybody favours 2
as simpler and sufficient then that could be the one to go for.

Surely there must be other wm / desktop authors lurking. Would one of
these approaches suit you ?

It seems that this is the last issue before the spec could be agreed.

Has anybody asked the XFree guys for their opinions ?

Julian