Re: Removing wm/pager interaction

Am Mit, 14 Jun 2000 schrieb Michael Rogers:
> > |Are there any programs other than the Gnome pager, tasklist and desk
> > |guide  which use these hints?
> >
> > I have no idea, does the KDE panel support desktop switching or
> > anything like that?

You have never seen KDE-1.x running? Have a look at
http://www.kde.org/screenshots/medium/ganroth.jpg
You'll see both a taskbar and a desktop pager (the four push buttons in the
bottom left corner of the desktop panel).

> I think the KDE pager is part of KWM. (Matthias?)

KDE is a modular system, not a big window manager. Thus the pager (kpager) is
an independent application. kpanel (now kicker) also features several embeddable
pager applets.

In addition, several taskbars or taskbar-like addons are available for KDE.

So yes, the hints are indeed very important for many desktops. Luckily we
agreed on them long time ago and luckily the end-users will be able to use
tools like "kicker" with any window manager they want in the future.

Matthias

--
  ettrich@trolltech.com                                  Fax: +47 22806380
  Troll Tech AS, Waldemar Thranes gt. 98, N-0175 Oslo, Norway