Re: NET WM Spec implementation and changes

> #4 _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE
> 	I don't recall when this was made to be a list of atoms, but
> 	for simplicity this has been changed to an enumerated value.
>
> 	Window Types:
>
> 	Normal	= 0
> 	Desktop	= 1
> 	Dock	= 2
> 	Toolbar	= 3
> 	Menu	= 4
> 	Dialog	= 5
>
> 	The same usage and explanation still applies.

This needs to be a list of values to allow for extensions to the list of
types later - if an app which is using an extended type encounters a window
manager which only recognises basic types, a list of values allows the app to
specify an extended type and a "fallback". An enumerated value leaves the
window manager with no clues if it doesn't recognise the requested type.

Michael