Re: Collating proposed changes to 1.9e

>If the user has set the panel to raise on mouse-over, then if it
>fails to become visible on a mouse over it is failing to behave
>according to the policy set by the user. That is why an 'on top'
>hint would be useful here.

But the user should not specify policy through a client! The WM is there to
implement a window management policy so that clients from different sources
behave consistently.

>If the window manager happens to provide a configuration option
>'Keep windows of type DOCK from ever being on top', and the user
>opts for it, the window manager can feel free to ignore the panel's
>request to be on top. Though frankly I have no idea why a window
>manager would provide such an option.

Um... for the same reason that the panel would provide such an option.

Michael

nb: I'm sending this from a temporary Hotmail account because I'm away at a
conference at the moment and can't collect my mail. Please don't reply to
the Hotmail address.