Re: Quick question about spec
- From: Bradley Tyson Hughes <bhughes tcac net>
- To: wm-spec-list gnome org, Tim Janik <timj gtk org>, Paul Warren <pdw ferret lmh ox ac uk>
- Cc: wm-spec-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Quick question about spec
- Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:53:54 -0600
On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Tim Janik wrote:
> yes, basically. it is also important for toolkits to figure the position of their
> wm frame window, so they can store/restore window positions, since an unmapped window
> moved to x,y will be mapped at x+frame_width,y+frame_height.
it should be easy... XTranslateCoordinates can do this...
> it'd be good if the window managers would also set a _NET_WM_NAME
> (or _NET_WM_ID) property on their
> _NET_SUPPORTING_WM_CHECK window, so applications like the control center
> could figure *what* window manager is currently running.
a good idea... :)
> To unsubscribe: mail firstname.lastname@example.org with "unsubscribe"
> as the Subject.
--- signature Wed Dec 29 17:52:53 1999
+++ .signature Wed Dec 29 17:53:19 1999
@@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
+Bradley T Hughes <email@example.com>
] [Thread Prev