Re: Quick question about spec

>Or what's the semantics of   xclock -geometry +0+0? I don't think anybody
>expects the xlock showing up at (0,0) with its decoration frame being outside
>the visible area of the screen.

Maybe you could make (0,0) or anything less than (framewidth,frameheight) a
special case?

>Any good arguments for one or the other solution? Is ICCCM really that clear
>on the topic? (twm still behaves differently).

Twm's way of doing things is annoying with apps like Netscape that think they
know where to put their windows.  :)  Each new window ends up further down and
to the right. I don't know if broken apps are a good reason to break the
window manager too, but Netscape is pretty widely used...

>Whatever we do, I agree we might add it to the specs to clearify ICCCM in that
>respect.

Definitely.

Michael