Re: Draft 1.9b - some comments

Matthias Ettrich writes:
|The property isn't complete, though. What's still lacking is a
|read-only property on the root window, created by the window manager,
|that propagates the maximum rectangle that can be used by applications
|( i.e. the geometry a maximized window on a certain desktop would get ).
|
|What about _NET_WM_MAX_WINDOW_RECT for this purpose?

Could you clarify what this would be used for? Is there really a
compelling reason why it's necessary?

The reason I ask is that my wm doesn't know the size of a maximized
window, this is calculated on demand as windows are maximized (it only
then finds the largest rectangle that doesn't overlap any of the areas
that should be left uncovered)

Also, the size of the maximum rectangle may vary depending on the
window being maximized, though this would be rare,

	John