Can we finish this?

Hi everyone,

We really need to get an initial specification finalized. I think this is
what you need to do:

 - limit yourselves to the current de facto standard stuff, perhaps
   cleaned up as needed. Don't try to add fancy new features in v. 1.0,
   you can have later iterations with the new features. I'm not sure
   you want to standardize things until they've been experimented with
   anyway, unless they are trivial and obvious.

 - someone needs to keep posting the latest spec to the list, asking for
   objections; if none, then it's finished; if there are objections,
   revise and re-post within a day or two. Repeat until finished.

I don't know a damn thing about window management but if no one else is
going to get it done I'll step up and start doing this after I return from
Japan in a couple weeks. However if someone with a clue would like to take
the lead, please do so.