Re: WM SPec purpose

> whatever we come up with in this spec.  I am more concerned that we should
> come up with a spec that is technically brilliant, than ensuring that its
> simple enough to fit in with the plans of standalone window managers.

Why not have two specs? One spec would be Gnome-Compliant and the
other would be Gnome-Enhanced or Gnome-Perferred(Or whatever you
wanna call it).  The Gnome-Compliant spec would provide the bare
minium(support tasklist) that a wm should be to work with GNOME.
(`simple enough to fit in with the plans of standalone window managers').
The
Gnome-Enhanced would be `technically brilliant' and provide all the hard
CORBA stuff.  What do you all think about that?

--
Halfline(Ray Strode)
UIN: 2478600