Re: Decorations (again)

On 8 Nov 1999, Falk Hueffner wrote:

> Paul Warren <pdw@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > On Sat, 6 Nov 1999 raster@rasterman.com wrote:
> > > Menus (for "pinned menus" ala Tk, Gtk's pinnable menus etc.)
> >
> > I think that that is definitely a useful type.
>
> I can't see why. Why would the WM need to know this? It shouldn't add
> any decorations to those windows.

It can add decoration if it want.  I think most WMs currently add minimal
decoration to menus. Knowing that a particular transient window is a
menu allows you to do cool stuff like hiding the menu when the owner
window is not focused (NextStep style), or adding special pinnable-menu
decoration if the wm desires.

Paul