Re: Open to discussion...

>> 	I don't understand what you're getting at.  Conflicting
>> backgrounds, as was the case with the shipped version of Redhat 6.0, is a
>> problem because it confuses the user to have two different places to
>> change the background, especially when only one of the two places is
>> accurated at any given time.
>>

>One other thing to mention here is themes. A lot of themes will also muck
>around with the background image. User sets background image in the
>control-center. They play around in the WM and change from theme a to
>theme b. The background changes. They go back to the control-center and it
>still thinks that it is displaying the old image, etc.

Perhaps the desktop manager should export an interface for changing the
background image, to allow other applications (window manager, web browser)
to set the wallpaper. That way the background could be changed from more
than one place but still be session managed, and different backgrounds could
be used for different workspaces.

Michael Rogers