Re: Fwd: Draft 1

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Michael Rogers wrote:

<snipping large chunk>

> I have reservations about using two applications (pager and window
> manager) to do the same job. A large part of the current spec seems to
> exist to help the Gnome pager communicate with window managers, many of
> which provide pagers of their own, or alternative methods which work
> just as well. Wouldn't it be easier to just abandon the Gnome pager, and
> let the window manager manage the windows? Any window managers which
> wanted to include a panel applet for switching tasks could do so. I
> don't know what the situation is with KDE/XFCE, of course.
>

> Michael Rogers

Two immediate reasons that I can think of are a.) for window managers that
do not have pagers. BlackBox for example has multiple workspaces but the
method to shift from one to another is via a menu. The other reason, b.)
is to provide a standard method of shifting irregardless of whichever
window manager you are using.

Nathan P. Clemons                       "Peace favor your code."
nathan@windsofstorm.net                 ICQ: 2810688
IN CONSTRUCTION:                        http://gnome.windsofstorm.net