Re: MDI on X11

> > MDI, while probably a bad choice for a wordprocessor, makes perfect sense for
> > certain kind of applications: IDEs and the GIMP comes to my mind. Just the fact
>
> I quite like GIMP the way it is. But I really dislike MS C++ DevStudio
> (I wish that C/C++ IDE supported separate toplevel windows like Visual
> Basic does :)

This is the very first time someone told me that he actually likes the GIMP
user interface. Everyone I'm talking talk dislikes it ( even the Kylanders ).

Tastes are different. For me, MDI is a logical extension of the multiple
desktops  concept: a moveable desktop, dedicated to one application.

Matthias