Re: Window Manager configuration utilities

> Let's limit to the WM spec itself. Any extension (config tools, docu) will
> only force ones or others of the WM authors now present here out of the
> interest for this discussion.

It seems we identified two different scopes on this list:

   1) Extended WM <-> Client communication for ordinary clients, i.e.
       applications
   2) Propagation of WM internas for desktop-clients like panel/pager/taskbar

1) is important to everybody, 2) is mainly relevant for KDE/Gnome. There's not
much  point in supporting 2) in systems like fvwm, since they already offer
desktop functionality. If I used fvwm, I wouldn't use kpanel, for instance.

Matthias