Re: Window Manager configuration utilities

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Nathan Clemons wrote:

> I disagree. For those window managers which implement virtual desktops as
> different screens :0.0, :0.1, etc. their config tool could have a method
> to set backgrounds based on the workspace. I do not believe GNOME has this
> functionality, and it should be left to the WM config tool to handle. And
> considering that background images are set by a majority of themes, I
> think this is the easiest way.

What WM does this? This is broken behavior and such WM's are utterly
unusable on anything but a limited range of machines bearing only one
screen at a time :-(

In any case, I believe the discussion on config. tools clearly brings us
out of the limits of the purposes set of this list.

Cristian

Cristian Tibirna     : ctibirna@total.net     : www.total.net/~ctibirna
PhD Student          : ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca : web.gch.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna
KDE contact - Canada :  tibirna@kde.org       : www.kde.org